Ineffective screw fasteners
The products listed below have no locking effect, neither with regard to loosening nor unscrewing. The use of screws with a strength class of ≥ 8.8 is discouraged!
- Split washers (DIN 127, DIN 128, DIN 6905, DIN 7980)
- Spring lock washers (DIN 137, DIN 6904)
- Serrated discs (DIN 6797, DIN 6906)
- Serrated lock washers (DIN 6798, DIN 6907)
- Washers with an external tab or 2 tabs (DIN 432, DIN 463)
- Castellated nuts (DIN 935, DIN 937 with split pins DIN 94)
These standards have no locking effect on high-strength screws are not suitable as anti-settling locks!